The last thing you want in your home or office is faulty wiring. Not only is it a safety hazard, but it is one of the top five most common causes of electrical fires. If you know what you’re looking for, preventative measures can save you from the dangers of faulty wiring.

Faulty wiring has some noticeable signs such as:
Lights that flicker or become dimmer are some basic, yet potentially dangerous signs of faulty wiring.
Frequent blown breakers or fuses are also indications that faulty wiring is to blame.
Additionally, darkened or charred outlets and switches could be a serious sign of faulty wiring.
Other signs of faulty electrical wiring are light switches that emit frequent shocks and ceiling fixtures that are hot to the touch. Seek immediate help if you smell anything burning, as this indicates a more serious electrical issue.

If you’re unsure whether your home has faulty wiring, have a licensed electrician inspect your wiring. The experts at Caner Electrical are highly skilled and know exactly what to look for when identifying potential dangers and wiring issues. Many times, homeowners do not know what to look for, but proper electricians are knowledgable in detecting small, seemingly insignificant wiring issues that could become major problems and safety hazards over time.

Thankfully, there are measures that Caner Electrical recommends homeowners take to prevent some electrical issues from happening. Sometimes people don’t know that they are the cause of certain wiring issues in their own home. Did you know that using multiple extension cords connected together or overloading electrical outlets can cause wiring issues?